Root of Angeilca sinensis (Oliv.) Diels, family Umbelliferae.
The axial root concial, with several fibrous roots, 15-25 cm long, the
base 1.5-4.0 cm in diameter, brown in color. The cm long, the root longitudinally
and wrinkled; the root lying flat at its top. cortex with brown appearing
between sweet and acrid in and spleen channels. axial root conical, with
several fibrous roots. Cork transversely lenticellate; the root body longitudinally
base rounded flat, with lanceolate stem leaf remnant Prepared by crosscutting,
the section showing abroad spotted oil cavities and an even xylem, cambium
ring them. Soft in texture, delicately fragrant in smell. taste, warm
in nature, and attributive to liver, heart.
1. Enrich blood: For blood-deficiency syndrome, usually used together
with Radix Astragall seu Hedysari (Decoction of Angelicae Sinensis for
Enriching Blood), or with Radix Rehmanniae Praeparata and Radix Paeoniae
2. Promote blood circulation, regulate menstruation and alleviate pain:
For blood-deficiency, blood stasis or blood-dryness manifested as menoxenia,
amenorrhea, menorrhalgia; or as headache, chest pain, abdominal pain and
rheumatism, usually used together with Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae, Olibanun
and Myrrha or as the early stage of skin infection or unhealed skin lesions,
urticaria, eczema, prurigo, leukoderma, apoplexy, prolapse of rectum,
bronchial asthma, arrhythmia, cor pulmonale, etc.
3. Moisturize dryness and loose bowel: For constipation attributive to
dryness of intestine and blood deficiency.
1. Dilating coronary artery, increasing coronary flow and decreasing oxygen
Relieving myocardial ischemia induced by pituitrin in animals.
3. Ferulic acid, one of its active components, can lower the level of
blood lipids and counter the development of atheroma.
4. Promoting the phagocytosis of mononuclear macrophage.
5. Protecting the liver from damage and increasing biliary secretion.
Injection: 5%-10% ampoule 24 ml IM 1-3 times daily;
Point injection: 0.5-1.0 ml for I point, 2-4 points for 1 time, once daily.