Donkey hide stewed and concentrated as gelatindus masses, of Equus asinus
L., family Equidae.
Prepared as rectangular pieces, dark-brown, lustrous, appearing translucent
amber when observed through the light. Brittle in texture. The fracture
surface bright in appearance. Sweet in taste, mild in nature, and attributive
to lung, liver and kidney channels.
1. Enrich blood and stop bleeding: For blood-deficiency with sallow complexion,
dizziness and palpitation; for asthenia-syndrome manifested as various
types of bleeding, such as hemoptysis, hematemesis, hemafecia, hematuria,
metrorrhagia, etc. Recently, used for anemia, leukocytopenia and thrombocytopenic
2. Regulate the menstruation and soothe the fetus: For blood-deficiency
syndrome manifested as menoxenia, amenia, and threatened abortion.
3. Nourish yin and moisturize the lung: For febrile diseases with consumption
of yin or yin-deficiency with fire-hyperactivity manifested as vexation
and insomnia; insufficiency of yin-blood with muscular spasm; dryness
of the lung with cough and thirst.
1. Increase the amounts of erythrocytes, hemoglobin and thrombocytes in
2. Promote lymphocyte transformation.
3. Facilitate the absorption and accumulation of calcium in the body.
Dissolved 6-9g with the decoction.