The whole plant of Crotalaria sessiliflora L., family Leguminoscie.
A hispid herb. Leaves alternate, linear-lanceolate; the stipule setaceous.
Raceme terminal and axillary, with two labiated calyx, corolla papilionaceous
and purple. Legume short; terete, swelling, nutant, with persistent calyx.
Bland in taste, mild in nature, toxic, and attributive to liver and lung
1. Clear away toxic material and anticarcinogenic: For carcinoma of skin
2. Relieve cough and dyspnea.
1. Monocrotaline is an anticarcinogenic component which inhibits the synthesis
of DNA and RNA.
2. Its extract relieves cough and dyspnea.
3. The metabolite of monocrotaline in liver has the toxic effect similar
to alkylating agents, which impairs the digestive tract, liver, kidney
and hematopoietic system.
30-40g of herb for cough and dyspnea.
Monocrotaline powder: Local application for carcinoma of skin and cervix.
Monocrotaline ampoule (2 ml containing 50mg): 1 ampoule injected to the
base of the tumour daily, 15 days as 1 course, the second course may be
continued after 3-5 days interval.
Monocrotaline suppository: 50mg as one piece as cervical suppository daily
for carcinoma of cervix.