of Tribulus terrestris L., family Zygophyllaceae.
Fruits consisting of 5 schizocarps, radiating pentagonally, 7-12 mm in
diameter. Schizocarps often separated as a hatchet-shaped triangle, 3-6
mm long. Surface yellowish green, two pairs of thorns one long and one
short growing from two sides of the dorsal surface, longitudinal ridge
and slightly protruding short thorns at the middle, the vertical surface
ridged. Bitter and acrid in taste, mild in nature, and attributive to
Calm the liver-yang: For sthenia of liver-yang manifested as headache,
dizziness and conjunctivitis.
2. Disperse the stagnated liver-energy: For stagnation of liver-energy
manifested as oppression and fullness in the chest and hypochondria irritability
3. Expel wind and alleviate pain: For conjunctivitis and headache.
4. Expel wind to alleviate itching: For urticaria.
1. Antitussive, expectorant and antiasthmatic.
2. Its alcoholic infusion exerts hypotensive effect in anesthetized animals.