Leaf of Eriobotryajaponica (Thunb.) Lindi., family Rosaceae.
Leaf coriaceous, long-obvate to long-elliptical; 12-25 cm long, 3.5-10
broad; blades shrunkened, apex acuminate, base cuneate, margin Serrate,
dorsal side covered by rusty down which are removed by processing. Bitter
in taste, mild in nature, and attributive to lung and stomach channels.
1. Clear away lung-heat, eliminate phlegm, lower the adverse-rising energy
and relieve cough: For wind-heat or dryness-heat syndrome manifested as
productive cough with thick expectoration, or with dyspnea.
2. Regulate the stomach to stop vomiting: For vomiting
and thirst due to stomach-heat.
1. Its decoction inhibits the growth of Staphylococcusaureus in vitro.
2. Its saponins exert an expectorant effect.
3. Inhibiting the influenza virus.