The style and stigma of Zea mays L., family Gramineae.
The sample appearing as soft filaments gathering together. Style 30 cm
long. Stigma short, with 2-lobes, yellowish brown. Sweet in taste and
mild in nature.
1. Promote diuresis to relieve edema: For edema, ascites, wet beriberi,
stranguria of heat type and that caused by urinary stone.
2. Promote choleresis and relieve jaundice: For hepatocellular jaundice,
cholelithiasis and cholecystitis.
3. Lower blood pressure: For hypertension.
4. Lower blood sugar level: For diabetes mellitus.
5. Stop bleeding: For epistaxis, gingival bleeding. Recently, also used
for thrombocytopenic purpura.
2. Exerting significant and prolonged hypotensive effect.
3. Promoting biliary secretion and excretion.
4. Increasing the level of thrombocytes and thrombogen and promoting coagulation.