Leaf of Callicarpa nudiflora Hook. et Am., family Verbenaceae.
Leaf ovate-lanceolate or oblong, 12-20 cm long, 3-8 cm broad; margin entire
or sparsely dentate, dorsal surface covered by grey-brown soft hairs,
coarse, becoming black when dry. Slightly acrid and bitter in taste, mild
in nature and attributive to liver and spleen channel&
1. Stop bleeding by astringing: For various kinds of hemorrhage such as
hematemesis and hemoptysis. Topical application of powder is effective
for external bleeding after trauma.
2. Clear away heat and toxic material: For skin infection, hemorrhoids,
skin erosion, bum, the decoction may be used externally.
1. Shortening the blood clotting time and promoting vasoconstriction.
2. Its decoction reduces the exudation on the surface of bum and promotes
the healing of ulcer.
3. Inhibiting the growth of various pathogenic bacteria.
External use: Appropriate amount.