The feces of Trogoterus xanthipes Milne-Edwards, family Petauristidae.
Masses sample: Irregular, composed of agglutinated feces; yellow-brown
to grey-brown and lustrous. Granules sample: Oblong, 0.5-1.0 cm long;
surface coarse, brown-dark. Fracture surface of both appearing yellow-green
to brown-dark, fibrous. Smell stinking, aiso with that of pine seed oil.
Sweet in taste, warm in nature, and attributive to liver channel.
1. Remove blood stasis and alleviate pain: For blood-stasis syndrome with
dysmenorrhea, or trauma. Recently, used for angina pectoris and peptic
ulcer, usually used together with Pollen Thphae (Powder for Dissipating
2. Detoxify: For snake, scorpion and centipede bites (both internal and
3. Stop bleeding (after prepared by frying): For menorrhagia, metrorrhagia,
especially for those with blood stasis.
1. Inhibiting the growth of dermatomyces.
2. Inhibiting the growth of Bacillus tuberculosis
3. Relaxing the spasm of smooth muscles in experimental animals.
Decoction: 3-9g (wrapped with cloth in decocting).