The honey made by bees (Apis cerana Fabricius and A. mellifera L., family
Apidae). Mainly containing glucose and fructose and small amount of pollen.
A thick fluid, light yellow, orange to amber, clear and bright in summer,
crystalized as wax in winter; translucent when fresh, and becoming opaque
and separating out granular glucose crystals on long storage. Sweet in
taste, mild in nature, and attributive to lung, spleen and large intestine
1. Nourish the body, moisturize the intestine and relax the bowels: Oral
use or as suppository for constipation occurring in the aged and the puerperants,
during convalescence, and those with damage of yin and dryness of intestine.
2. Nourish the lung and relieve cough: For dry cough, chronic cough due
to asthenia of viscera, hemoptysis and sore throat, used together with
Radix Adenophorae Strictae, Radix Ophiopogonis, etc.
3. Nourish and strengthen the middle-jiao, alleviate pain: For abdominal
pain due to spleen-deficiency, hypochondriac pain due to liver-deficiency.
Recently, used as adjuvant for peptic ulcer, chronic hepatitis, heart
disease and neurasthenia attributive to deficiency-syndrome.
4. Detoxify: External use for skin infection, bum and skin ulcer. Also
for counteracting the toxicity of Radix Aconiti and Radix Aconiti Praeparata.
2. Astringent, nourishing and accelerating healing on wounds.
4. Detoxifying Aconite.
Oral use: 15-30g.