Semen Phaseoli Radiati
The seed of Phaseolus radiatus L, family Leguminosae.
Seed oblong, 0.3-0.4 cm long, with green spermoderm, short and small hilum,
two yellow-green cotyledons presenting when the spermoderm is stripped
off. Sweet in taste, cold in nature, and attributive to heart and lung
1. Clear away heat and toxic materials, clear away summer-heat and promote
diuresis: For preventing and treating summer-heat syndrome and miliaria,
and for diarrhea of summer heat-dampness type, carbuncle, mumps, acne,
edema and erysipelas.
2. Relieve the metallic and drug poisoning: For preventing and treating
the poisoning of lead, arsenic, alcohol and Radix Aconiti.
3. Extemal use for clearing away heat and promoting tissue regeneration:
For unhealing ruptured carbuncle and furuncle, skin ulcer.
4. Reduce the level of blood-fat: For hyperlipemia, hypercholesterolemia,
hypertriglyridemia, hyperlipoproteinemia, etc.
2. Its coat exerts a bacteriostatic effect on staphylococcus.
Decoction: 20-60g up to 100-250g. External use: Appropriate amount.