The capitulum of Chrysanthemum indicum L., family Compositae.
Inflorescence somewhat oblate, 0.3-1.0 cm in diameter; base composed of
4-5 layers of involucres with pedicels, surrounded by a layer of lingual
flowers with numerous tubular, yellow and curved, flowers in the center.
Aromatic in odour. Bitter in taste, slightly cold in nature, and attributive
to lung and liver channels.
1. Clear away heat and toxic material: For carbuncle, furuncle, skin nodules,
scrofula and sorethroat, also for influenza.
2. Clear away liver-fire: For liver-fire syndrome with eye congestion,
photophobia and lacrimation and hypertension with headache, irritability,
and flushed face, wiry and rapid pulse.
2. Yejuhua lactone or its flavone glycoside given orally, intraperitoneally
or through the duodenum exert a hypotensive effect in unanesthetized rat
and anesthetized cat and dog.
3. Inhibit the agglutination of blood platelet and promote the myocardial
4. Promot white cell phagocytosis.