Capitulum of Chrysanthemum morifolium Ramat., family Cbmpositae.
oblate, with 3-4 layers of involucre and several rows of ligulate flowers
on the periphery. Flowers white or yellow; numerous tubular ones gathered
in the center, yellow. Acrid, sweet and bitter in taste, slightly cold
in nature, and attributive to liver and lung channel~
1. Expel wind and clear away heat: For common cold of wind-heat type and
the early stage of seasonal febrile disease with superficial syndrome.
2. Clear away liver-fire to treat eye disease: For liver-fire syndrome
with redness, swelling and pain of the eye: For blurring of vision due
to hypofunction of liver used together with Fructus Lycii, Radix Rehmanniae,
Calm the sthenic liver energy: For headache and dizziness due to hypoactivity
4. Clear away heat and toxic materials: For carbuncle due to intensive
heat, usually used with Flos Chrysanthemi Indici.
1. Dilating coronary artery and increasing coronary flow in rabbits in
2. Sedative and antipyretic.
3-10g; 10-30g for severe heat cases.