Leaf of Morus alba L, family Moraceae.
broadly ovate, yellow-green, margin serrate or lobed. Bitter and sweet
in taste, cold in nature, and attributive to lung and liver channels.
1. Expel wind and heat, open the depressed lung energy and relieve cough:
For common cold and cough of wind-heat type, sore-throat.
2. Clear away liver-fire to treat eye disease: For wind-heat and liver-fire
syndrome with redness, swelling and pain of the eye; for blurring of vision
due to hypofunction of liver, used together with Fructus Lycll and Semen
3. Cool the blood and stop bleeding: For hematemesis and hemoptysis of
Relieve night sweating.
1. Lowering the level of blood sugar in rats with alloxan-induced diabetes.
2. Hypotensive and diuretic.
Powder: 6-9g for night sweat, taken with rice water.